Mission statement: Technology provides the tools for all students and staff to achieve their highest academic potential.
The goal of the technology department is to provide students and staff with the capability to achieve their academic objectives by providing access and use of technology equipment, Internet, on-line learning, and training. This will be accomplished through the acquisition of 21st Century classroom technology equipment, continual upgrading of the technology infrastructure, training on how to use technology in the classroom and providing on-line learning resources.
Business: 912.496.2596 / Ext. 2010
|The technology department provides: |
- Repair and maintenance of school and administrative computer systems, Web pages for schools, staff and district office.Antivirus protection, including automated updates for computers and serversEmail monitoring and screening (antivirus and SPAM activity)
- Spam deletion to the maximum extent possible
- Automated patches for applicable updates to Windows 7/10 computers
- Filtering and blocking (Children’s Internet Protection Act)
- Monitoring of Internet and email use (AUP Policy)
- Monitoring of bandwidth use and planning for present and future need
- File server and switch procurement, management and life cycle support
- Overall technology planning & inventory control(district & schools)
- Technical support for student information system, financial and personnel system hardware (Genesis & Infinite Campus)
- ID Badge System (security) for the district
- Imaging System (student & staff records)